My family

Monday, May 30, 2011

My 2nd pillowcase dress

I am a participant on the online swapping site-  www.swap-bot.com. My latest swap was to find my partner something she might enjoy from a thrift shop.  So I went to our salvation army not having a clue as to what I would get.  While at the Salvation Army, I always look for fabric usually in the form of leather or suede skirts, baby flannel, bedspreads (chenille or quilted), and sheets.  Buddy, this time I hit the jack-pot! I found a gorgeous vintage looking piece of material. It was a thin and stiff cotton with chenille flowers and vines all over.  I knew exactly what I would do with it.  And no, I selfishly decided to keep it for myself.

I have a number of friends with baby girls who I love to sew for.  Little Alita was going to be the lucky recipient of this new pillowcase dress.  It is lined with a nice white cotton quilting material so I can be reversible if necessary but I would be afraid that the chenille fabric might be itchy.  I added a cotton trim, around the bottom.  Gorgeous and such fun to watch it all come together.

Now I'll just have to convince dad to send me a picture of his baby wearing it.



And no, I didn't forget my swapping partner.  She got a beautiful vintage red glass candy dish that I filled with some old buttons.  She (said) she loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment