My family

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A few firsts in my sewing room

I made my first ticker-tape wristlet following the wonderful tutorial of Mandy at Sugar Bee Crafts.  It wasn't so difficult, but I can tell that I need quite a bit more practice.  Anyway, it will suit its purpose.  I needed a little bag for ink pens and my GC ID card for my college courses.

I also made a hooded baby towel for a special little friend.  Easton was born a few weeks ago and I meant to give this to him at the hospital but mom went home too fast.  Oh, well.  He will get it soon.

I entered a Swap-bot challenge to make a potholder for a partner.  I tried to follow some of the neat ideas I had seen through the internet.  This potholder is a little bigger than the norm.  Partly because I embroidered a cute little pig driving a corn-on-the-cob race car on the off-white quilted fabric.  Above the piggy is veggie material formed in a 2" pleat.  Red binding completes the potholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment