My family

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 1 Spring Break! "Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge"

http://www.lilblueboo.com/


I found out about this contest about a month ago.  I've been following a number of contests and have found my designs to be very simplistic.  So I decided to ramp it up. 
















I combined tie-dyeing, embroidery, and sewing into one beautiful diaper bag.  I wanted something sunshiney (since I have gotten tired of winter and cold weather) and springy.  So I went with blue and yellow tie-dye in the middle of my kitchen floor and created a design with quilted cotton for the outside and with regular white cotton for the lining. 



After that I considered many designs but went with a tree.  I've seen so many on other sites mostly attached to baby room walls in some way or another. I found this brown batik print in my stash that would make the most perfect tree.  Using wonder-under I created my tree and ironed it on the quilted front piece.  Using my sewing machine I zig-zagged around the tree and then chose a stitch that looked kind of rugged to be my simulated bark.  I added the little birdie and nest with "Rock-a-bye Baby" along one of the branches. 


There are 4 pockets on the outside back for easy reach.  On the inside, there are 3 smaller pockets and 1 deep pocket just right for a bottle or a diaper. Plenty of room for that mom and baby on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment