Monday, March 28, 2011
Day 3 Wall Hanging for a bride and groom
Then I had to figure out how I was going to place the border around the sampler. I think I did OK. In fact it looks pretty neat how the squares are cut in half and the opposites are across from each other. I made loops out of some scraps and sewed the backing, turned it inside out and top-stitched. Get the dowel cut the right length and I'm done.
I also started day 1 of the http://3punkmom.blogspot.com/2011/03/japan-sew-along-day-1.html . It's a blog called Living with Punks that created a challenge for sewers and crafters. We are all going to make a shirt for either a little Japanese girl or boy or even both. We'll send the finished product(s) to her and she will ship them all to Japan where they are needed most. I think it is a great project! Today is the 1st day and I chose my fabrics and got all of them cut out. I'm ready for tomorrow. I'll post more pictures then.